Centuries in the Making
From a brilliant legacy stretching over centuries of British coinage history, Britannia extends the influence of her realm once again! New for 2018 The Royal Mint unveils Britannia in a stunning new form and design, the Silver Britannia 10 oz Silver Bar. Jody Clark, the mint’s Chief Engraver designed this fresh new interpretation of Britannia and it is already making a huge impact within the bullion community.
Britannia 10 oz Silver Bar
The obverse of the bar presents Britannia looking to her left, always alert to any threats upon the realm she is sworn to defend. She is arrayed in a fine white gown, yet protected by a by a fitted, scalloped-breastplate. Upon her head is a finely-designed helmet, with its face guard raised. A design of rolling waves graces the helmet’s head portion, while the crest displays fine horse hair standing high.
In her left-hand Britannia grasps the Trident, with which she is ready to defend the seas. In her right-hand she holds her shield, which displays the image of Great Britain’s flag, ready to defend the realm. The single inscription “BRITANNIA” is also displayed at the lower left, superimposed on the shield. Filling the background is a truly stunning wavy-line design. This represents the seas as a fitting tribute to strong British nautical history. As a symbol of strength and integrity, Britannia has for centuries been featured on British coinage.
The bar’s reverse design is no less striking. The top portion features The Royal Mint’s official seal and trademark “The Royal Mint.” Also included are the inscriptions “10 oz 999 FINE SILVER” and unique serial number. As with the obverse, the background is filled with the wavy-line theme, and at the bottom is a scene of five cresting waves.
The introduction of Britannia with a stunningly fresh design in silver bullion bar form is opening a new vista for collectors and investors alike. We are extremely pleased both with the awesome design, and the opportunity to offer the 10 oz and 100 oz Britannia Silver Bars! You may also be interested in the 1 oz Britannia Gold Bars.
- Britannia 10 oz Silver Bar.
- Contains 10 troy oz of .999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Each bar comes individually packaged.
- Obverse: Features a stunningly-fresh new design of Britannia, standing with a trident grasped in one hand and shield in the other, ready to defend the realm. The background is filled with a wavy-line pattern, representing British nautical history.
- Reverse: Displays the official seal and trademark of The Royal Mint, along with the bar’s weight and purity. The wavy-line pattern also fills the reverse background.