South Korea Chiwoo Doggaebi Shield Stacker 1 Kilo Silver
BOLD was very excited to receive notice of the introduction of this brand new KOMSCO South Korea Chiwoo Doggaebi Shield Stacker 1 Kilo Silver offering. We are a huge fan of the Chiwoo series that introduced Doggaebi, the mythical figure of Korean lore that had power to protect from evil spirits. The image has been displayed on the massive shield wielded by Chiwoo Cheonwang. We now are presented with the shield alone, in the form of a stackable shield. These impressive shields do come in a specially designed mint-issued capsule.
Doggaebi Shield Stacker
The obverse of this 111.2 x 150 x 7 mm stackable shield features in exquisite detail, a powerful image of Doggaebi. The design displayed features highly detailed facial nuances. Most prominent is a somewhat disconcerting wide-open grin, exposing a serious set of teeth. Also, a set of large curved horns support the tales of Doggaebi’s great power and renown. The image is based upon a piece currently owned by the Gyeongiu National Museum of the Republic of Korea. It was first integrated into the KOMSCO Chiwoo Cheonwang series design featured on the shield and shoulder plate of the 2020 South Korea 1oz Silver Chiwoo Cheonwang edition.
Being a stackable medallion, the obverse design is minted (as normally) with raised features. The reverse is minted with opposing features that snugly fit over the raised features of the stacked medallion. This forms a neatly aligned and secure interlocked stack.
- South Korea Chiwoo Doggaebi Shield Stacker 1 Kilo Silver.
- Stackable shield-shaped medallion.
- Contains 1 kilogram .999 fine silver.
- Comes in a fitted capsule.
- Obverse: Features a powerful image of Doggaebi centered on the face of the shield-shaped medallion.
- Reverse: Displays the obverse’s opposing features that snugly fit over the raised features of the stacked medallion.
- As many Doggaebi Shield Stackers as you wish may be stacked together for secure storage.
- The shaped medallion is 111.2 x 150 x7 mm, with a half-circle cutout at the bottom.