2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Lowell National Historic Park
The first 2019 America the Beautiful 5 oz coin release features Massachusetts's Lowell National Historical Park. Established in 1978, the park preserves and displays the role of Lowell, MA, in America's Industrial Revolution and the vital importance of female workers during this period. This stunning 2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Lowell National Historic Park coin is a beautifully detailed representation of the historical period.
The park features many restored and preserved sites from the 19th century, as well as exhibits such as the patent model of a loom by local inventor S. Thomas. The Boott Mills has a walk-through museum with recreations of 19th century textile manufacturing processes. Other exhibits include a working streetcar line, boat tours, and the River Transformed/Suffolk Mill Turbine Exhibit, which shows how hot water powered the textile factories.
The reverse design of this 2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Lowell National Historical Park bullion coin is full of historical significance. It shows one of Lowell's "Mill Girls" using a power loom with a large circular bobbin that kept the loom supplied with yarn. Mill Girls were young women who worked in the mills for cash wages and lived in company‑owned boarding houses.
A view of the Boott Cotton Mill clocktower and a smokestack can be seen in the background. The scene depicts the worker as focused on the job at hand, as well as the importance of the female workforce during this period. Workers such as these helped the country embrace modern technology and went on to advocate for better working conditions, the ending slavery, and promotion of education.
BOLD offers these beautifully crafted .999 fine silver bullion ATBs individually as singles, or in volume. Also, check out our large selection of BOLD Collector and Stacker sets including America The Beautiful editions.
More than a Remarkable Coin
This 2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Lowell National Historic Park is much more than a beautiful, investment bullion grade collectible coin. It features an awe‑inspiring, National historical site. As with all America The Beautiful coin releases, the sites represented are true National treasures, having deep historical, cultural or natural significance.
Be sure to check out this National Park Service site for more info on the Lowell National Historical Park. Then, when your new coins arrive, make it a teachable moment with your kids. Never miss an opportunity to get your children involved!
- 2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Lowell National Historic Park.
- Contains: 5 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- The largest silver bullion coins ever issued by the United States Mint.
- Design of the coins duplicates exactly (though enlarged) each of the America the Beautiful Quarters series.
- Obverse: Common to the entire series, depicting George Washington in a restored version of the portrait created by John Flanagan for the 1932 Washington quarter.
- Reverse: Features a mill girl working at a power loom with its bobbin battery. A view of Lowell, including the Boott Mill clock tower and a smokestack, is seen in the background. A narrow rim-band includes the inscriptions, "LOWELL" at the top and "MASSACHUSETTS 2019 E PLURIBUS UNUM" encircling the bottom.
- Reverse Design: Designer: Joel Iskowitz | Sculptor-Engraver: Phebe Hemphill.
- Edge: Smooth edge inscribed with the coin specifications: ".999 Fine Silver 5.0 Ounce."