2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Super Pit
The Australia Perth Mint is proud to announce this stunning new release of the 2019 silver edition of the Australia Perth Super Pit coin. This is in commemoration and celebration of the globally significant historical contribution made by the Australian Super Pit gold mine over the past 100 plus years. The sheer beauty displayed on the featured image of the coin is reason enough to desire them. However, the history of the mine and the part it played during the gold rush of the 1890’s is the real story.
Men and women from all corners of the world gave up all in their rush to reach Australia in search of real wealth. Many were successful in their quest, and now over 100 years later, the fact that the mine continues to produce, demonstrates the coin’s true iconic value! This 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Super Pit coin is certainly a worthy example of awesome beauty and iconic history coming together to produce a stunningly rich collector piece!
Awesome Panoramic View
New for 2019, the obverse introduces the 6th generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to be displayed on Australian coins. The new portrait is based on that designed by Jody Clark of the Royal Mint for 2016. It is distinctively different, however, in that it displays the Queen’s shoulders and full neckline. The band at the rim includes the inscriptions, “ELIZABETH II AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “1 DOLLAR” at the bottom.
The reverse of this 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Super Pit coin features an absolutely stunning artistic depiction of the Super Pit gold mine at Kalgoorlie, Western Australia. The history of this city reaches back to the first years of the early 1890’s Australian gold rush, with the famed Golden Mile. Now, the Super Pit resides in this same area. As noted by Perth Mint, “Gold discoveries across the outback sent the world rushing to Western Australia in the early 1890s. The abundant finds included the celebrated Golden Mile at the mining town Kalgoorlie, which is now home to the Super Pit. At almost 3.5km long, 1.5km wide and more than 600m deep, the Super Pit produces approximately 700,000 ounces of gold each year.”
The scene presents the massive Super Pit gold mine, which is open-cut style. The original artwork by Lucas Bowers is depicted from the vantage of a high elevation, and at some distance. The result portrays a phenomenal sense of just how large of a surface it covers, as well as the depth that has been mined. The rim-band is interrupted by the featured image spilling over into it on the left and right, providing even a greater sense of depth to the view. Inscriptions include “SUPER PIT AUSTRALIA” at the top, and “2019 1 oz 9999 SILVER” at the bottom.
Also included is a new authentication feature. As noted by the mint, “The coin includes an authentication feature on the reverse in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter. Contained within the coin’s inscription ‘AUSTRALIA’, this letter is only detectable under a magnifying glass. The authentication feature is designed to make it significantly more difficult for the coin to be counterfeited.”
This remarkably stunning coin is released both in 9999 Fine Silver and in 9999 Fine Gold editions. This is in commemoration of one of the most historically significant and well-known precious metals mines in the world.
With the coin’s awesome design and limited mintage of just 100,000 (silver) and 15,000 (gold) for worldwide distribution, you should not delay. Join in the celebration today!
- 2019 1 oz Silver Australia Perth Super Pit.
- Commemoration and Celebration of the historic Super Pit gold mine.
- Limited mintage of only 100,000.
- Contains 1 Troy oz .9999 fine silver BU.
- Includes special, micro-laser engraved authentication feature.
- Face Value of 1 Dollar (AUD).
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
- Obverse: New for 2019, the obverse features a lovely new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that includes her shoulders and neckline, based on Jody Clark’s 2016 5th official effigy. Also included is the coin’s weight and purity, release date of 2019, and the (AU) face value.
- Reverse: Features original art by Lucas Bowers, depicting an amazing view of this awesome, iconic Australian landmark. The Super Pit mine’s history reaches back to the 1890’s, yet continues to have significant positive impact on Australia, as well as the world’s gold bullion reserves. This is certainly worthy of wide recognition and celebration!