2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Texas San Antonio Missions
BOLD is very pleased to make available to you the 4th 2019 edition of the outstanding America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver series produced by the United States Mint. Since BOLD Precious Metals is a Texas-based company, we must of course take a certain heightened level of satisfaction in introducing this fine 2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Texas San Antonio Missions edition to you. This is the 49th release in the series, which started with the 2010 Hot Springs, Arkansas edition.
With each release, there has been such marked increase in public interest, that we have begun to see the mint sell out during the presale offering period. Call us overly proud if you must, but BOLD believes this Texas San Antonio Missions edition will break records. We highly suggest that you act quickly to secure your desired quantity!
The San Antonio Missions of Texas
As noted by the mint, the reverse "design of the quarter depicts elements of the Spanish Colonial Real coin to pay tribute to the missions. Within the quadrants are symbols of the missions: wheat symbolizes farming; the arches and bell symbolize community; a lion represents Spanish cultural heritage; and a symbol of the San Antonio River represents irrigation methods and life-sustaining resources."
"Established in the 1700s, the San Antonio Missions were among the largest concentrations of Spanish missions in North America, and helped create the foundation for the Texas city of San Antonio. The San Antonio Missions National Historical Park manages four of the five missions: Mission Concepción, Mission San José, Mission San Juan, and Mission Espada. The four missions, along with Mission Valero (the Alamo), were designated a United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Site in 2015. The park also includes Rancho de las Cabras, the ranch associated with Mission Espada, in Floresville, Texas."
- 2019 Silver 5 oz ATB Texas San Antonio Missions.
- Contains: 5 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- The largest silver bullion coins ever issued by the United States Mint.
- Design of the coins duplicates exactly (though enlarged) each of the America the Beautiful Quarters series.
- Obverse: Common to the entire series, depicts George Washington in a restored version of the portrait created by John Flanagan for the 1932 Washington quarter.
- Reverse: Features within the quadrants of the design, the four symbols of the missions: wheat symbolizes farming; the arches and bell symbolize community; a lion represents Spanish cultural heritage; and the San Antonio River represents irrigation methods and life-sustaining resources. Inscriptions include "SAN ANTONIO MISSIONS" arched at the top rim, "TEXAS 2019 E PLURIBUS UNUM" at the bottom. This is a very clean and highly significant design, representing the most important elements of the San Antonio Mission's cultural and natural heritage of the Mission.